Income Tax Know-how

Which ITR form do you need to fill?

We look at forms that are applicable to salary or pension earners

ITR filing: Which ITR form to file?

There are multiple income tax returns (ITR) forms available online, so we decided to make it easy for those who earn a salary, pension or interest earners.

If you earn less than Rs 50 lakh/year If you earn more than Rs 50 lakh/year
If you have only one property under your name If you receive rent from over one property (outside India too)
Your farming income is up to Rs 5,000 Your farming income is over Rs 5,000
You are an Indian citizen You are either an Indian citizen or an NRI
You are earning from foreign sources

The following forms are applicable if you also have a business or a side hustle along with a job.

Include all ITR 1 criteria Include all ITR-2 criteria
Your business/profession is taxed under Sections 44AD, 44ADA or 44AE You are earning through futures & options trading

Suggested read: Do you need to file your ITR?

Recommended Stories

Other Categories