VR Logo

Transfer on Demise

The process is simple provided all paperwork is available

My father-in-law expired recently and he left behind some equity shares. I am receiving dividend cheques in his name. Can they be transferred?

The issue of transfer is very simple and this is not an extraordinary situation. If his death certificate, inheritance evidence and proof of who the beneficiary of his Will are available, then the matter of transfer can be easily sorted out.

If it is a share investment and it is held under a Demat account, the entire process will be all the more simple as you would not have to visit every company separately. All the assets which you have in your Demat account is just like a bank passbook and whoever is the heir or nominee will get it. You have to find out about the Demat account and whether there is a nominee and along with producing the death certificate should be enough.

Post Your Query