Ask Value Research

Can I withdraw my Employer's Provident Fund balance after 3 years of resignation?

You may contact your previous employer or directly through the EPF office

I had resigned from my job for pursuing higher studies three years back. I had not withdrawn the PF balance at that time. Can I withdraw the balance now?

Yes, you can withdraw your EPF balance now. You can contact your previous employer and fill up the necessary forms. Alternatively, you can also file your withdrawal request directly with EPFO if you have a Universal Account Number (UAN) and meet certain requisites. You can get more details here. The amount will be deposited into the bank account mentioned in the UAN database.

Have a different question in mind? Ask us

Other Categories