Phones are getting smarter, wireless data networks are improving… and both are getting cheaper by the day. This makes the mobile in your hand a much more powerful & connected device, which can now play a role that is far more evolved than a voice, camera or music device!
One of the first few mobile experiences that you should definitely try is Google Search. Even if you have a feature phone and move through patchy cellular network zones - this is one service that has the highest probability of working.
While you can find anything on Google, here are some of our favorites because Google has optimized the experience for mobile phones. Even if you have a smaller screen, searching for these will be super easy as you get instant answers as the result v/s getting a list of links to visit. Just go to m.google.com on your phone and try them.
• Type ‘Cricket’ that’s all, and Google will pop up the latest cricket score of
any match that is being played that day
• Running late for that flight? Type your flight code i.e. ‘IT102’ or ‘9W312’ and the latest status of your flight shows up. No more calling the hard to get airline helplines and going through 7-step IVRs
• Wondering where to eat? You can search for all the restaurants around you or those of a specific cuisine. Type ‘restaurants ’ ie ‘restaurants gurgaon’ or if you want to have a specific cuisine, type ‘
• Don't have the newspaper around, and want to know which movie is playing where? Type ‘movie showtimes
• In urgent need of cash? Type ‘ATM ’ ie ‘ATM Bandra’ and voila you will get all the ATMs around you. No driving around looking for a brand signboard
There are many more – whether its Car Repair, Hospitals, etc. So try it out and make a smarter use of your phone (even if its not a smart phone!)