VR Logo

Can I gift Sovereign Gold Bond to my granddaughter?

Yes, Sovereign Gold Bond (SGB) can be gifted or transferred

Can I gift my Sovereign Gold Bond worth Rs 50,000 to my grand daughter? If yes, what's the procedure?
-K P Rao

Yes, Sovereign Gold Bond (SGB) can be gifted/transferred to anyone who meets the eligibility criteria. In case of minors, their parents/guardians can hold them on their behalf. The scheme also allows joint holding.

The procedure for transfer is simple and can be carried out by the issuing bank or agent or post office from where you purchased the bond.

Post Your Query