Ask Value Research
Big Questions
The Plan
Economic Viewpoint
First Page
Generally Speaking
Guest Column
Not Just Kidding
Of This & That...
Random Rants
Straight Talk
The Chartist
Top of Mind
Fund Research
Category Watch
Fund Analysis
Fund Family Update
New Funds
Rating Radar
Stock Research
Stock Analyst Choice
Stock Strategy
News & Commentary
Fund News
Book Review
First things...
Fund Manager's View
How I did it
In Rememberance
Omaha Live
Special Report
Tax Saving Alternatives
Tax Saving Know How
Using Value Research Online
Words Worth
Though these aggregators facilitate you with the purchase of the policy, the final issuance of the policy will be by the insurance company | |
You can set off your short term capital loss from equity mutual funds with your short term capital gains from debt mutual funds | |
Most life insurance companies offer term plans for NRIs, but evaluate the plan carefully | |
Make sure to disclose all personal and health-related details so as to avoid any inconvenience for the family in case the claim arises | |
Long term gain arising from the redemption of debt mutual funds shall be taxable at the flat rate of 20% after indexation | |
You must intimate this intention in writing to Central Recordkeeping agency (CRA, NSDL) at least 15 days before attaining 60 years of age | |
Term plan is all that you need to financially secure your dependants in case you are gone | |
For capital gains, you are required to show the income and pay taxes, if any, when you file your returns | |
There is no requirement of Investment and Services Account (ISA) for mutual fund investments | |
You can only have one PPF account for yourself except if you want to open one as a guardian of your minor child | |
Home | My Portfolio | Tax | Funds | Value Investing | Insurance | Income | Learn | Archive | Ask | Subscribe | About Us | Log In | Free Sign Up