VR Logo

I wasn't able to submit proofs of 80C investments to my employer in time. What should I do now?

Dhirendra Kumar gives a way out of this problem and says what can one learn from this common occurrence

Answer transcript: You cannot do much but you should not give up hope. Your money is not wasted. You will file returns and in it, as a result of this, you will be eligible for a refund. Today the income tax department processes the refunds of individual assesses very efficiently. But there's lesson here. If you are able to file your information in time with your accounts department, you can save yourself this money going to the government and coming back. It will not go to the government in the first place.

Post Your Query