Value Research is India’s most credible and trusted source of mutual fund information and insights.
Established by Dhirendra Kumar in 1992, Value Research went on to create and publish India’s first fund ratings in Business Today magazine. This was the launch of the rating system that, 25 years later, is still India’s most trusted.
Value Research is a privately-held company wholly owned by Founder-CEO Dhirendra Kumar and his family. Since its founding in 1992, the company has always been profitable and is entirely self-funded.
Value Research plays an important and active role in most investors’ journeys. Be it the data you read on leading media outlets such as Bloomberg or Economic Times to check investment information on several fintech players like ETMoney, Groww or PayTM Money, Value Research is the source for all things investment in India. Knowingly or unknowingly, most investors have consumed our information, as a vast majority of investment data published in the Indian media carries the credit ‘Source: Value Research’.
Value Research – a nearly three-decade-old investment content and research company is based in Noida with a small presence in Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata. It is one of India’s pioneering publications and among the first finance websites to help simplify the seemingly complex world of investing.
To know more about our magazines, go to Mutual Fund Insight and Wealth Insight.
At the cross-section of content, data and technology, we exist to help investors invest wisely and achieve their financial goals
What we do
- Retail Products and Services
- Offer investment advice, analysis and information through valueresearchonline.com and print publications like Mutual Fund Insight and Wealth Insight.
- Offer fundamental research-based stock recommendations through our equity research service called Value Research Stock Advisor
- Offer mutual fund analysis and investment decision support service called Value Research Premium
- Institutional Products and Services
- Data, analytical and content services. Our clients include leading banks, brokers, Mutual Fund Distributors, Leading fintech and media companies.
Check out our twitter handles
@dhirendra_vr, @ValueResearch, @VROStocks, @VR_TheSource
About the Role
We are looking for a magazine desk editor to oversee the production of our flagship magazines- Mutual Fund Insight and Wealth Insight and execute special projects such as booklet inserts, yearly or bespoke publications.
The role involves interfacing with the input teams -editorial and research, design, sales etc to ensure magazines are packaged and compiled for printing and circulation as per deadlines. The incumbent would be responsible for reviewing, implementing and adjusting the production schedule as necessary, follow up with various departments to ensure they meet targets, track stages of the project, troubleshoot problems, communicate with printers to ensure print quality.
- Project management and Coordination : Oversee the entire production process of a magazine, from conception to print, to ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Ensure content readiness as per content plan and create pagination
- Liaise with columnists , editors, writers/ designers and date team for page layouts, images, graphs and tables/printers to ensure that all elements of the magazine are delivered on time and to the required standard.
- Provide attention grabbing headlines and blurbs
- Fit text on pages
- Close the editions on time
- Quality control : Ensure that the final product meets the quality standards set for the magazine, including checking the content, design, and printing.
- Deadline management : Ensure that the magazine is delivered on time to subscribers and retailers, and that any special issues or supplements are produced to the same standard.
- Continuous improvement : Identify opportunities to improve the production process and implement changes to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Problem-solving : Identify and resolve any production issues that arise to ensure that the magazine is produced on time and to the required standard
- Experience of 3-5 years as a Desk Editor with a print publication
- Knowledge of Infographics : Bar charts/ Line charts
- Basic knowledge of publishing software like InDesign will be desirable
- Basic understanding of investments and personal finance
- Strong time management skills - ability to manage multiple, competing deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Noida (This is an on-site requirement)